Monday 10 January 2011

Day 9: Wet travel East

Pembroke Dock

I had a very brief look around and visit to a supermarket for a few supplies. It was overcast.




Tenby

Next, to Tenby again. The Welsh name is: Dinbych-y-Pysgod (which means "little town of the fish.") Usually when I visit Tenby, it is summer and the beaches and town are full of people, cafés are open, ice cream sellers are everywhere. It's very different in winter, much quieter but I still love it. Maybe it's the little winding streets and the houses that seem to grow out of the rock. Maybe it's the sandy beaches and Caldey Island in the distance. Maybe it's how much it changes with the tides (there is a cave that you can walk through at low tide, and I have paddled through in a kayak at high tide.) Whatever it is, I will be back again soon.



click to zoom in to this panorama


Driving East

You'll see from the map that I am now just inside England, having left Wales as I drove over the Severn Bridge. A lot of the journey was in very heavy rain and it was very windy, especially coming over the bridge. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny - so that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment