Thursday 13 January 2011

Day 12: Water cycle

So today, it was raining. A range of rain from annoying blowing spitting stuff that seems to come from all directions onto the camera lens, to moderately heavy. (I use the term "heavy rain" in the UK with caution after being in heavy Ethiopian rain!)

But I decided to go for a cycle ride anyway!

I actually cycled from my Travelodge in Torquay to Brixham (the other end of Torbay) and back.  Total distance was 28km (approx 18 miles) and although you would think: seaside and coast = flat, it's not, rising to about 70m in places. To see just how "not flat" it is, here is the profile data from the GPS:


Once in Brixham, I walked around the harbour and out to the breakwater.

This old ship, behind Pikachu, is berthed in the harbour. What is its name?

From the other side. Can you see the ship on the left?

I took these Panoramas:


As always, click to zoom in on any photo.

On the way back, the rain was a little heavier and as I was whizzing down hills, the spray was soaking my legs and shoes, so it was great to have a hot shower back at the hotel.

It took me about an hour each way, and the fastest I went was 49km/h.

Map of route there and back

Heart rate, Elevation and speed information collected
during the last part of the ride.

If you're using the graph in school, a good bit to look at is at around 4.8km when everything suddenly changes. Can you see why? Also, what are the "blips" in speed (blue line) at 3.2km, 6.0km etc.?

I wonder what crazy thing I'll do tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment