Friday 14 January 2011

Day 13B: Dartmouth and Berry Head

Dartmouth

I continued up the coast, after my seal spotting, arriving at Dartmouth.

A castley-thing on the East bank of the estuary.


Different views of Dartmouth and Kingswear on the other bank.


Then I got the small car ferry.

The ferry itself is just a floating platform.
This is pushed and pulled by a tug boat.
Dartmouth taken from the ferry as I went across.


Berry Head (nr Brixham)


Finally, after sunset, I arrived at the peninsular at the Southern end of Torbay (remember I went to the Northern End two days ago.) There is a fort there...





... and a lighthouse on the end.

This is the shortest lighthouse I've ever seen!

Map of my walk on Berry Head


And that was the end of one of the busiest days of the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment